Dental crowns are caps which are used to overlay a compromised tooth as well as dental implants.
They are primarily used to serve two major purpose, i.e. aesthetics and strengthening of the remaining tooth structure.
They are also relatively easy to maintain a crown in the oral cavity given that the patient’s oral hygiene is ideal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this a solution for you?
- Fractured or broken tooth.
- Tooth that has lost considerable structure.
- Following up after root canal treatments.
- Preventive strategy to protect a tooth.
- Covering the abutment of a dental implant.
- To restore the aesthetics of a tooth.
Is pain a factor?
This procedure is not painful.
But in case of compromised structure and dentine exposure, local anesthesia is given to patients to reduce any discomfort.